Kennedy Space Center, FL, February 7, 2018 – The National Health Information Sharing and Analysis Center (NH-ISAC), a member-driven non-profit that is the health and public health (HPH) sector’s trusted community and forum for sharing cyber and physical security information, is pleased to announce the results of its Board of Directors special election.
Brian Cincera, Vice President at Pfizer, will be serving a 3-year term and Wafaa Mamilli, Vice President – CISO at Eli Lilly and Company will be serving a one-year term on the NH-ISAC Board. Both executives have been very involved with NH-ISAC and bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the Board. Board members serve in a voluntary capacity to provide strategic governance and direction for the NH-ISAC community based upon their experience and expertise as leaders in healthcare organizations within the HPH sector.
The NH-ISAC Board of Directors reflects a diverse mix of healthcare delivery stakeholders in various subsectors of the industry. The Board is comprised of security practitioners and executives from global publicly traded companies to smaller privately held organizations including Life Sciences companies, Healthcare Systems (Providers), Healthcare Insurers (Payers), and Medical Device Manufacturers.
The special election was held as a result of two vacancies created when Michael Wagner, Senior Director, IT Risk & Information Management at Johnson and Johnson stepped down and Sara Hall, former CISO at Human Longevity left to become Chief Operating Officer of NH-ISAC.
“We are very excited to have Brian and Wafaa join the NH-ISAC Board,” says Denise Anderson, NH-ISAC President, “As NH-ISAC grows exponentially and is looked to as a vital resource to the healthcare community, having their input and guidance will be invaluable. We also thank Mike Wagner for his service and look forward to his continued involvement in our initiatives and activities including serving on the Steering Committee of our CYBERFIT® suite of services.”
The elected members will join the current Board of Directors:
- Mr. Karl West, CISO and AVP, Intermountain Healthcare
- Mr. Jim Routh, CISM, CSSLP, CISO, Aetna
- Mr. Greg Barnes, Global CISO, Amgen
- Mr. Terry Rice, VP, Information Risk Management and CISO, Merck
- Mr. Patrick Joyce, VP, Information Technology, Chief Security and Privacy Officer (CISO), Medtronic
- Mr. Jigar Kadakia, Chief Information Security and Privacy Officer, CISSP, CIPP, CRISC, Partners Healthcare
- Mr. Michael McNeil, Global Product Security and Services Officer, Royal Phillips
- Mr. Scott Morris, Chief Information Security Officer, BCBS of Western New York
- Mr. Spencer J. Mott, SVP and Global CISO, McKesson
- Mr. Frank Price, Chief Information Security Officer, CVS Health
- Mr. Brad Sanford, Chief Information Officer, Emory University
- Mr. Mike Towers, VP CISO, Allergan
- Ms. Denise Anderson – President, NH-ISAC
The new board members will begin serving in February.
ABOUT NH-ISAC – National Health Information Sharing and Analysis Center, is a global, non-profit, member-driven organization offering healthcare stakeholders a trusted community and forum for coordinating, collaborating and sharing vital Physical and Cyber Threat Intelligence and best practices with each other. Members use this information to extend their security operations team and to create situational awareness, inform risk-based decision-making and mitigate against threats. Membership is open to private & public hospitals, ambulatory providers, health insurance payers, pharmaceutical/biotech manufacturers, laboratory, diagnostic, medical device manufacturers, medical schools, medical R&D organizations and other relevant health care stakeholders. Joining NH-ISAC is one of the best ways health care and public health firms can actively participate to protect the industry and its vital role in critical infrastructure. To learn more about NH-ISAC or to become a member, please visit www.nhisac.org.