New Board Will Provide Strategic and Governance Oversight To H-ISAC On A Number of Important Health and Public Health (HPH) Sector Initiatives, Partnerships And Services.
Kennedy Space Center, FL, October 19, 2016 – The Health Information Sharing and Analysis Center, (H-ISAC), a member-owned non-profit that is the health and public health (HPH) sector’s trusted community for sharing cyber and physical security information, is pleased to announce the results of its 2016 Board of Directors Elections.
The H-ISAC Board of Directors serve in a voluntary capacity to provide strategic governance and direction for the H-ISAC community based upon their experience and expertise as leaders in healthcare organizations within the HPH sector. The Board members reflect a diverse mix of healthcare delivery stakeholders in various subsectors of the industry.
The 2017 Board is comprised of security practitioners and executives from global publically traded companies to small privately held organizations including Pharmaceutical Companies, Healthcare Systems (Providers), Healthcare Insurers (Payers), Medical Device Manufacturers, Academic Medical Schools and Biotech Organizations.
Denise Anderson, H-ISAC President stated, “Our board plays a very strategic role in the governance and direction of our organization. We look forward to the vision and leadership that our new and incumbent board members will bring over the coming year and years to come.”
Newly elected Board Members:
- Ms. Sarah Hall, Chief Information Security and Privacy Officer, Human Longevity, Inc.
- Mr. Karl West, CISO and AVP, Intermountain Healthcare
- Mr. Thein La, CISO, Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Mr. Michael McNeil, Global Product Security and Services Officer, Royal Phillips
- Mr. Mike Towers, VP CISO, Allergan
Returning to the Board of Directors:
- Mr. Patrick Joyce, VP, Information Technology, Chief Security and Privacy Officer, Medtronic
- Mr. Brad Sanford, CIO, Emory University
- Mr. Frank Price, CISO, CVS Health
- Ms. Jeanie Larson, Senior Director IT Security, City of Hope
- Mr. Jigar Kadakia, Chief information Security and Privacy Officer, Partners Healthcare
The elected members will join the current Board members:
- Mr. Jim Routh, CISO, Aetna
- Mr. Terry Rice, , VP, Information Risk Management and CISO, Merck
- Mr. Mike Wagner, Senior Director, IT Risk and Information Management, Johnson and Johnson
- Mr. Greg Barnes, CISO, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Mr. Ronald Mehring, VP Technology and Security, Texas Health Resources
- Ms. Denise Anderson – President, H-ISAC
The new Board members will be empaneled at the 2016 H-ISAC Fall Summit in San Diego, California where special recognition will also be given to outgoing Board members, Brian Cincera, Pfizer; Joe Adornetto, Quest Laboratories; Nikolay Chervnasky, formerly of Amgen, Paul Calatayud, formerly of Surescripts; and Reid Stephan, St. Luke’s Health.
ABOUT H-ISAC – The Health Information Sharing and Analysis Center (H-ISAC), the official healthcare information sharing and analysis center, offers non-profit and for-profit healthcare stakeholders, such as: independent hospitals, IDN “providers”, health insurance “payers”, pharmaceutical/biotech manufacturers, laboratory, diagnostic, medical device manufacturers, medical school and medical R&D organizations, a community and forum for sharing cyber and physical threat indicators, best practices and mitigation strategies. H-ISAC is a non-profit corporation funded and owned by its members. Membership is open to any healthcare stakeholder seeking protection of valuable Personal Health Information (PHI) and compliance with Federal HIPAA regulations and standards, driving the assurance of patient health and life safety and fostering continuity of operations. Joining the H-ISAC is one of the best actions health and public health services firms can take to ensure they partake in protecting the industry and its vital role in such a critical infrastructure. To learn more about the H-ISAC or to become a member, please visit www.nhisac.org.